If you need an Interpreter
There is a lot of information when looking into aged care package and if English is not your first language it can be very difficult.
See resources below in languages other than English to help you understand the process of looking for and signing up for a Home Care Package.
Before you book
When booking an interpreter, the following information needs to be provided:
- the specific language and country of origin
- name of client needing the interpreter
- gender and age of the client
- location, date and time the interpreter is needed
- type or topic of assignment
- approximate length of assignment
- your name and contact number
- onsite telephone number in case the interpreter needs to call on arrival
How to book
You can make a booking by contacting the Interpreting and Translating Service NT office on (08) 8999 8506or 1800 676 254.
Booking requests are processed between 8.30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
If your need is urgent or immediate contact the Translating and Interpreting Service National on 131 450. This service is provided by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
You can also book an interpreter online.